Pension Release: Get Cash For Pension

by Pension Release by Pension Forecast

Donald asks…

Should I leave college to go travel?

I’m collecting a pension of sorts from the military, they are paying both my education plus my salary for the next two years. I joined the military at 17 and just got out. Now I feel like I really just wanna be free and see the world. If I leave school I can still collect my pension but they will no longer pay for the education. I will never have an opportunity like thus ever again. Should I take my pension cash and see the world ? Or should I use these two years to work toward a degree?

Pension Release by Pension Forecast answers:

If I had money, that’s what I would be doing is traveling. I’m a 19 year old college sophomore and I can barely afford food every week, but if I had the chance I’d take it in a heartbeat. You’re a young adult with not spouse or children (I’m assuming). Your only responsibility is to yourself and this is the time of your life where you can just disappear for months at a time and doing things that you want to do just because you want to do them. If I were you I’d take the opportunity and just see the world!

Thomas asks…

I have little income and cannot find a co-sponsor, can I provide my pension as evidence of assets?

I want to get married to a woman from another country and file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. I am fully-disabled and live on social security disability. I have about 20,000 in my pension. I can easily convert it to cash. Will the Homeland Security accept my pension as an asset? Thank you.

Pension Release by Pension Forecast answers:

Doubtful. It’s not a continuous source of income, and were you to live off of it…it wouldn’t last that long. Best advice: keep trying to find a co-sponsor….or have her try to be sponsored by an employer.

Paul asks…

Is my best friend and his fiance using me?

A year ago I got a divorce and lost everything. My friend and his family opened up their home and allowed me to stay there for $450.00 a month. This friend has also helped me over the years whenever I needed it. I also helped him fulfill his dream by getting out his 90 page comic book graphic novel. In order to do that he cash out his pension and quit his job, that was last June. Since that time I have been supporting him financially and otherwise to give him the time to promote his graphic novel. However, instead of doing that he plays video games all day and rides around with his girlfriend using a credit card that I promised to pay on if it were used to promote his book. Since hooking up with his girlfriend he has completely changed and has become more arrogant and irresponsible. His fiance now lives in the same house with us, and she has taken over, and since I am supporting him, now I am supporting her as well. Is my best friend and his fiance using me?

Pension Release by Pension Forecast answers:


Helen asks…

How do I report a relative stealing government checks?

My father is stealing and cashing my grandma’s pension and social security checks without her signature and keeping the money. She has severe mental illness and he uses this to get away with these crimes. Who can I contact first for help?

Pension Release by Pension Forecast answers:

You contact your nearest Social Security office who will appoint someone responsible to be her representative payee. You can also contact Adult Protective Services at the welfare office. They will check into the situation and see about having a legal guardian appointed for her. The representative payee appointed by Social Security does not have to be a legal guardian. If you don’t want to take on the responsibility of being her rep payee (managing her benefits), talk with your relatives to find out who does and have them go with you to the Social Security office so that they can file the application and get the ball rolling. Social Security will need the name and address of her treating physician.

Social Security could initiate a court case against your father although they probably won’t. Never know – depends upon the size of the backlogs in that particular office.

Michael asks…

Where can I cash my US Social Security check while visiting here in the UK?

My neighbor was mailing over my checks so I could cash them to pay bills, rent etc since I won’t be back for a bit over a month yet, I also had a couple immigration questons please.. my fiance and I are getting married just not quite yet (his mom died not too long ago) I was told even with my having a US passport when I go back to the states I have to stay back home for 3 months like they told me I used the passport once but any other visits require a visa? also why is it 3 mos I have to go back? and again where can I cash my US social security pension checks here so I can pay my rent and bills? thank you in advance…

PS I got here july 4th and am supposed to leave around sept 1st don’t know if that has anything to do with it?
thanks for the tip so far will check it out, they come from the united states treasury department so they are totally legit and in type not handwritten

Pension Release by Pension Forecast answers:

Your question is not very clear concerning you immigration queries. I an going to ssume that you mean that you have been told that you cannot come back to the UK for three months and that if you do you should aply for a visa. You cannot spend more than six months in any 12 month period in the UK on a visitors visa. This is to prevent people leaving and reentering and using a visitors visa to reside in the UK. You should as a rule spend as much time out of the UK as you have spent in it.

You are a young, single American with a UK boyfriend. Therefore, you belong to almost the biggest overstay risk group. You are very, very likely to be bounced back the next time you come to the UK if you do not apply for a visa first. You will need to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay, a return ticket and close ties to the US that convince the UK immigration that you will leave at the end of your stay.

If you have a job, you will need to show a ltter from your employer confirming your employment, the ate sof your vacation and when youa re expected to return to work. Likewise, if you are a student you will need a letter from your school or college confirming the same.

If you want to get married in the UK, you must apply for a fiance visa if you intend to settle in the UK after your marriage or a marriage visitors visa if you intend returning to the US after your marriage.

The conditions of a fiance visa are that you must both be over 21, have met, intend to get married and live together in the UK after marriage and that you can support and accommodate yourselves without recourse to public funds (benefits).


A fiance visa will allow you to come to the UK and get married. It is a six month temporary visa and you cannot work.

Once you are married, you must apply for a spouse visa. The conditions are the same as for the fiance visa apart from showing proof of marriage. Once you have your spouse visa, you can legally work in the UK and access NHS treatment. This visa is a two year probationary visa.


At the end of the two year period, as long as you are still married and living together, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (settlement). This frees you from immigration control and once you have completed three years residency in the UK, you can apply for citizenship.


Be sure to plan ahead to ensure that you are gathering the documentation and funds for the whole process, so you are ready to apply as soon as posssible at each stage for the appropriate visa.

You can’t cash your social security checks in the UK.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Previous post:

Next post: